Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Getting Where You Want To Be


Today my company had a conference call for new future directors. Dan Arwine, one of the directors of US Sales of The Pampered Chef made this comment. He told the story of the Nascar driver that was asked, "how can you stay at a speed of 200 miles per hour plus, keep control and never hit the side walls?". His answer was simple. "I never look at the side walls."

Wow! This is really an awesome thought! No matter what race in life you may be running....whether it be trying to find a new career, a new home, the right car, trying to find the right life partner, or what ever, you just may need to focus on what you want rather than what you don't want.

Dan said he experimented with it one day while riding his bike. "I kept my focus on a rock on the side of the road I wanted to avoid and sure enough, after keeping my eyes on the rock long enough, I began to go right into it."

I believe keeping the "big picture" planted firmly in your mind and focusing on what contributes to the desired outcome, will eventually help you to find yourself right where you want to be.

No comments: