Monday, October 17, 2016

Day Sixteen: Make It Great

Thank you Jay for the inspiration to write this blog post tonight.  His post was "This weekend wasn't special......neither is any day".

How many of you if you just wanted to be honest would want to write the same thing?  Now here is from someone who has lived a few years longer and I just want to help, if you want to listen.  I do not have all the answers.  I too am still learning.  But I have learned a few things.

My blogs are for the great grandchildren and great great grandchildren I will never know.  I want my life to count for something and all I have learned I hope I can help you avoid some pitfalls along the way.


Beauty is within you.  No matter how ugly you feel, God made you beautiful.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  We can choose to see the good or the bad in any situation.

For example, my husband at age 50 became disabled and in a wheel chair.  It has been a super difficult journey and living by the belief of staying positive has been put to the test.

Number one:  here is what we can say:  How thankful we are to have had 30 years of marriage together and he was able to walk and live a totally normal life.  And, how thankful he is that he has had 50 years of life NOT in a wheelchair!

Number Two:  ALWAYS find something to be thankful for.  It is really hard to be unhappy when you have a thankful heart.  This comes with an INTENTIONAL desire to MAKE it a great day.

You see we have to work on ourselves.  We have to everyday write it down if that's what it takes to learn to be thankful.  "I'm not the kind of person to write".  Ok then, do you want to be happy?  Do you want to be an overcomer?  Then, it is imperative to be thankful and do whatever it takes to teach yourself to find everything in everyday to be thankful for.

I wrote a blog post in this 31 days of writing about abundance.  My actual book about abundance is ALL ABOUT realizing that you have abundance all around you.  Here is a page or two and the book. A good find and can be purchased on Amazon for a deal.





At this very moment I am finding joy in a great glass of water in a pretty glass with fresh orange slices.  A moment ago, I replayed a music video clip about 10 times and cleaned in my little office area dancing along the way!  I am not telling you all the other things that surround me at the moment that, if I wanted to, I could fill your ears with a ton of stuff that would be on a nerve right now.  But, I choose to speak of only the good.  To be honest, I have not noticed anything else.

YOU CHOOSE to focus on whatever you want!  So, if you CHOOSE to focus on every good thing in your day, I promise, your days will begin to be fabulous!

Only you can figure out what you can do to make your next week or your next day GREAT.  For me I am feeling a little more in control and a little more proactive because I cleared my desk, polished the wood, organized my date book a little and wrote a fresh to do list.

Your to do list can also include some nice things you can do for you.  When you make a better you, you become a better parent, husband/wife or employee.  When you treat yourself well you will also treat those around you a lot better.  So, if you have been a little mean to those around you, it may just be you are needing to be a little nicer to yourself.

So here comes October 17, 2016 week!  Enter into it with anticipation, navigating your way being proactive, not just "rolling with the punches" as some say.  Simple choices like planning your clothing you will wear each day, planning your meals, scheduling time to get the nagging procrastination items marked off your to do list could be some ways you are in control and not letting your days control you.


Beauty is all around you!

Happy this week!  Make it great!

No comments: